8 Questions with Ritch Cassidy!

Ready for some advice from the professionals?  Look no further!  This edition of "8 Questions" features Ritch Cassidy from The Wolf 93.3.  He's worked in promotions, on-air, and everything in between.  He is a positive guy and is always thinking of his listeners.  Here's some sage wisdom from Cassidy!



Brief Career synopsis: 1997 - 96KX/KISS104 -Lincoln NE2004 - US933/KAT103 -Omaha NE 2012 - Y106/KISSFM/BIG CHEESE - Plover, WI 2015 - PRESENT 93.3 The Wolf/KAT103.7 - Omaha NE

Current title:
Morning Drive/Social Media 93.3 The Wolf


1) What made you want to do this for a living?
I always loved country music and I wanted to work in it someway somehow.It was just my luck That I met some people that work in radio in a bar one night and needed an internship to graduate college. I started the next day and within two weeks I was hired part-time.

2) As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be involved in music somehow, primarily a songwriter.

3) What is the biggest challenge facing your industry?
Lazy people, and people not willing to change with the times. The more creative people are, the more the business of radio will flourish.

4) 5 WORDS OR LESS - What is the most brutal part of your job?
Getting up super early

5) 5 WORDS OR LESS - What is the best part of your job?
Radio isn't a real job. 🙂

6) What is the biggest misconception about your job?
All we do is talk on the radio and then go home.

7) Fill in the blank ...“The problem with newbies is they don’t know how....
To listen and take criticism, then turn it around and better themselves. Too many times we see too many young people come in thinking they know everything. And then when it comes time to roll up the sleeves and do the hard work they trail off.

What industry related skill/software do you wish you knew more about?

I'm always wishing I knew more about G Selector when it comes to scheduling music. I also try to find something new I can do or learn with production everyday. I think putting together production Is an endless job that can pay off in huge dividends.

Comments

Popular Posts