8 Questions with Pat Stibbs!

Brief Career synopsis:
Patrick stibbs, Owner, on the spot productions (www.onthespotradio.com), nowcelebrating my 36th year in radio, marketing, writing, producing and voiceovers.   Nebraska Broadcasters Association Award Winner, American Advertising Federation Omaha Award Winner, CableACE Television Award Winner


1) What made you want to do this for a living?
My love of music and my love of radio.


2) As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up
A radio disc jockey. As a young kid, I would sit outside the DJ window at
the Mighty 1290 KOIL Radio station on 90th & Dodge and watch the DJ's spinrecords. I thought, "That's for me."


3) What is the biggest challenge facing your industry?
Fighting Corporate Radio and their total lack of empathy for small, localclients. They don't care.


4)  5 WORDS OR LESS - What is the most brutal part of your job?
The hours are 24/7


5) 5 WORDS OR LESS - What is the best part of your job?
I love what I do!


6) What is the biggest misconception about your job?
That it's all fun and games


7) Fill in the blank ..."The problem with newbies is they don't know how to 
"be patient."


8) What industry related skill/software do you wish you knew more about?
Social media and SEO.I have to contract that out.


Comments

Popular Posts