8 questions with Amber Muell

Amber is a graduate from the radio program at IWCC.  She has since worked on the Operations and Sales side of radio in multiple markets. 


Brief Career synopsis:
Amber Muell: Sales Assistant - E.W. Scripps
Formerly On-air talent on Z92
Formerly Promotions Assistant for Journal Broadcast Group

1) What made you want to do this for a living?
Music and humor are the only things that keep me going when life gets tough. I think radio is a great outlet that allows me to do both. At the end of the day, I just want to help people, and make their day better.

2) As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
In Elementary school, I wanted to be an Archaeologist. I wanted to go to Egypt to discover mummies, ancient civilizations still interest me to this day.

3) What is the biggest challenge facing your industry?
Digital is a huge deal, clusters that don’t incorporate digital or cross promote are going to struggle. Learn as much as you can, because if digital does not become your best friend, it will become your enemy.

4)  5 WORDS OR LESS - What is the most brutal part of your job?
Doing everyone else’s job.

5) 5 WORDS OR LESS - What is the best part of your job?
Learning a lot / helping everyone

6) What is the biggest misconception about your job?
That I make a big salary because I’m in sales.

7) Fill in the blank ...“The problem with newbies is they don’t know how....
to use specific computer programs such as: Wide Orbit, Vcreative, Tapscan, etc. Some don’t even know how to use Powerpoint or Excel.


8) What industry related skill/software do you wish you knew more about?

-I wish I knew more about determining rates, CPP, and how ratings play a factor in setting rates with agencies.

 -I wish I knew more about scheduling music/building logs/clocks.


-I wish I knew more about digital - streaming/display ads/social media/geotargeting/geofencing etc. Digital is a huge entity in the media industry. 

Comments

Popular Posts